The Emerging Leaders Summer Institute is a program designed to generate professional training and development, mentorship, community engagement and recruitment opportunities.
The purpose is to identify, develop and empower “Emerging Leaders”, specifically minorities, small business owners and innovative professionals poised to move into the next level of community and business leadership.
- Visit with community leaders and businesses
- Professional and personal Leadership Development and civic engagement
- Extensive networking with a diverse group of peers
- Discovering your strengths and how to apply them as a leader
- Tuesday, June 12th – Orientation and Reception
- Wednesday, June 13th – Retreat
- Wednesday July 18th – Technology, Innovation and Industry
- Wednesday July 25th – Education and Leadership Development
- Wednesday August 8th – Government/Civic Engagement
- Graduation – To Be Determined
Cost includes lunch and materials. While many candidates are sponsored by their employer, a limited number of partial scholarships are available.
- Non-profit $200
- Small/Minority Business $250
- Corporate $500
For more information contact Les Echols of the Florence Chamber at (843) 665-0515.