(all images courtesy: City of Florence FB)
For an unprecedented fourth consecutive year, the City of Florence is the winner of the SC Municipal Association Achievement Award for superior and innovative efforts in local government.
Each spring, the SC Municipal Association accepts award entries from member municipalities.
Winners were honored at the Association’s Annual Meeting.
2016 Achievement Awards
- Population 1-1,000: Town of Edisto Beach
- Population 1,001-5,000: City of Isle of Palms
- Population 5,001-10,000: City of Fountain Inn
- Population 10,001-20,000: Town of Bluffton
- Communication: Town of Mount Pleasant
- Economic Development: City of Sumter
- Public Safety: City of Anderson
- Public Service: City of Florence
- Public Works: City of Seneca
- Other entries
Started in 1987, the program provides local government officials and employees the opportunity to receive deserved recognition for superior and innovative efforts in local government.
The program also provides a forum for sharing the best public service ideas in South Carolina.