The Florence Chamber is currently seeking applicants for a unique and innovative leadership program. The Emerging Leaders Summer Institute is a program designed to generate professional training and development, mentorship, community engagement and recruitment opportunities. The purpose is to identify, develop and empower “Emerging Leaders,” specifically minorities, small business owners and innovative professionals poised to move into the next level of community and business leadership.
- Visit with community leaders and businesses
- Professional and personal leadership development and civic engagement
- Extensive networking with a diverse group of your peers
- Discovering your strengths and learning how to apply them as a leader in your business and/or community
Sessions will last from 8 am – 1 pm. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
- Tuesday, June 14th: Orientation & Reception
- Wednesday, June 15th: Session 1- Retreat
- Wednesday, July 13th: Session 2 – Technology, Innovation and Industry
OTIS, SiMT and Morning News
- Wednesday, July 20th: Session 3 – Leadership Development
North Dargan Innovation Center and several local businesses
- Wednesday, August 3rd: Session 4 – Government/ Civic Engagement
City Center, Floyd Conference Center at Carolinas Hospital and area Parks & Recreation Sites
Cost includes food and program materials. While many candidates are sponsored by their employer, a limited number of partial scholarships are available.
Non-profit rate: $200
Small/Minority Business rate: $250
Corporate rate: $500
For more information, contact: Les Echols, Director of Community & Minority Enterprise, Greater Florence Chamber of Commerce. (843) 665-0515. Applications and further information available online by following the link below: